Gerhard is the Secretary General of the Austrian Association for Adult Education Centres. He has 25 years experience in adult education. He has worked as the director of tone of the biggest adult education centres in Vienna for 16 years. Gerhard is very experienced in networking, in cooperation in the adult education sector and in running international and national projects – as a partner and as a promoter. He is also a former member of the Grundtvig Working group as well as a member of working groups concerning adult education policy in Austria.
Gerhard has profound knowledge of practice of adult education. Themes and activities he has been involved with include:
• Participation in adult education,
• Equality and inequality,
• Methodology and didactics e-learning,
• Theory of adult education,
• Guidance and counselling.
• Key competences for Lifelong Learning.
• Access Courses (to Higher Education),
• Implementation of didactical innovation,
• European Qualification Framework.
Gerhard is also member of the board of the European Civil Society Platform on Lifelong Learning (EUCIS-LLL).