- Test R
- View Test R’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- Employ-Design Your Future Employability
EMPLOY (2012-2014) aims to offer educationalists, employment services and students, graduates and jobseekers with a toolkit of activities which promotes intelligent, engaged and creative acquisition of key non academic or technical competences. Targets will DESIGN THINK their way to success on the job market, developing the competences demanded by all sectors of industry.
- Keywords / TAGS
- employment, needs analysis, competences, young people
Coordinator contact details
- Italy, UK, France, Spain, Germany
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- ita, eng
- Teachers, career councelers
- Continuous training
- Enterprise and SMEs
- Labour market
- Vocational guidance
- Careers officers
- Best practice
- Quality Assurance in Lifelong Learning
- Vocational/Technical secondary
- Adult Education Provider
- Organizations working migrants/minorities
- Centres for guidance, counselling or accreditation
- Other sectors of adult education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
- italian, english
1. LLP project or related resource
- Supporting the role of VET professionals to improve the trainees employability
- TrainVet4Jobs intends to analyse the situation as well as design and validate training tools to facilitate the work of VET trainers and guidance professionals focusing on those transversal competences that are proved to be crucial to improve the trainees’ and employees’ professional and personal development and their employability.
2. LLP project or related resource
- Learning 2.0gether: SME Workers and Young Unemployed Skill-Sharing for Employability
- Learning2.0gether addresses the employability skills needs of younger, unemployed people, and the Web2.0 skills needs of older workers in SMEs and microbusinesses by bring the two groups together in a partnership enabling them to work together and learn from each other.
3. LLP project or related resource
- INTERJOB4YOUTH- Transference of a Labour Exchange Methodology to icrease the employability and the m
- The aim of the project is to transfer a methodology in terms of supply and demanda, also develope a Platform 2.0 to improve the effectiveness of employability and internationalization of the young people.
4. LLP project or related resource
- DiAgnostIcs for Enterprise Soft Skills
- The aim of this project is to improve employability and job prospects amongst unemployed adults through the transfer of newly developed diagnostics that assess and develop soft skills for enterprise and entrepreneurship. It will be available in English, Bulgarian, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Romanian. The Project builds on a previous LdV Transfer of Innovation that has successfully transferred soft skills for job matching to 6 EU countries. Daiss will complement this initiative and broaden the range of products designed to improve employment prospects for job seekers across the EU.
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
It has become an urgent necessity in most EU countries to face the challenges presented by the present economic situation. While economies are struggling to compete, young skilled VET graduates and a growing number of jobseekers are faced with fierce competition to access a changing job market. (in December 2011, Eurostat placed unemployment at 23% in Spain – 48.9% among young people; 21.4% for young people in the euro area). There is a clearly defined need to fit training to these necessities. According to the Bruges Communiqué one of the future challenges is to "empower people to adapt to new developments and manage change. This means enabling people to acquire knowledge, skills and competences that are not purely occupational. These broader competences are important to succeed in life, and it should be possible to acquire them in VET." The "NewSkills for New Jobs: Action Now" Report formulated proposals to strengthen employability through the acquisition of competences which can be transferred across different working environments, sectors and occupations.
Employ will use the outcomes of two recent projects, LIFE and DESIGN THINKING.
The outcomes of these two projects will be transferred in three different ways:
1) Sectoral Perspective: EMPLOY will address 16+ students in Vocational Educational Training and job seekers. The new method can be used in all sectors of vocational training and job seekers’ agencies.
2) Geographical Perspective: EMPLOY will transfer its products to all participating EU partner countries – ES/IT/NL/PO/TR/UK. Design Thinking is a recent American Innovation that EMPLOY will transfer to Europe.
– As the project seeks to make use of ECVET, the EMPLOY methodology will be easily transferable to every country in the EU with the aim of optimal preparation for future employment and entrepreneurship throughout Europe.
3) Other Perspectives: The EMPLOY training methodology can be used for the unemployed in any sector and people in the labour market who wish to improve their working competences within the Lifelong Learning Framework.
LIFE was a Leonardo TOI Project which developed a train the trainer programme to provide VET staff from different departments with the necessary skills to integrate key skills for life competences into their teaching. Life addressed many of the key competences needed for life and focused on providing VET staff with the means to incorporate these into their subject teaching. EMPLOY will add value to this by focusing on specific life competences or "meta skills", required by industry and employers, for the very urgent task of finding or creating one’s own employment. Student or job seekers have immediate need to practise and implement these skills and must be given the opportunity to create and present a confident employment portfolio.
“DESIGN THINKING” created by IDEO (US) is a creative business discipline or methodology which provides the spaces to successfully link the personal needs of the designer, their possibilities and end user needs. The series of activities developed, create necessary innovation. EMPLOY will use the same spirit of thinking but directed towards successful, confident employability. The mindset which is developed in Design Thinking can easily be transferred to achieving objectives in any sphere of life and none more so than where human values and development are essential. Design Thinking is based on 100% engagement with one’s own potentials linked to external needs. This introduces VET students and the unemployed to an invaluable tool to creating their working future.
We will produce a toolkit of assignments and accompanying activities to support the programme participants (VET students and jobseekers) in their proactive completion of the assignments. Each assignment is supported by activities which allow the student to consciously develop and practise certain key competences which will be assessed following ECVET parameters.
Trainers will be given a workshop prior to the piloting to introduce them to facilitation of the methodology.
– e-mail, telephone, video conference, Skype and the Moodle
– platfrom for document and communication exchange.
– project meetings. Key partners will meet together 4 times with one meeting involving the 4 partners who will create the methodology.
– progress reports. There will be regular progress reports to keep partners informed about progress and outstanding activities every 3 months. This will be sent to partners by P0 and will also be used for evaluation by the external evaluator
The Project Website
Leaflet in all partner languages
Management summation in all partner languages
- Educational Sector
All materials and results will be developed in ENGLISH. However, information on the project website, dissemination and promotional materials, the International Needs Analysis Report, the EMPLOY Toolkit, the Management Summation, delivery Guide, International Pilot Report, the EQF/ECVET International Report and Student Competence Portfolio Template will be translated into ES/IT/NL/PL/TR.
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
The Quality Management WP which will employ an external evaluator aims to :
– assure the quality of the project products and deliverables created during the project life span
– assure that products and deliverables are delivered on time and within the expected budget
– assure the quality of the implementation of project tasks and results
The external evaluator will produce a Quality Management Plan (for meeting 1 10/2012) which outlines project methodologies and outcomes to be met. Partners and the project coordinator will participate as appropriate in the detailing of the plan.
The Quality Management Plan will include indicators for evaluation on the following:
1. Project Planning: objectives, resources, expected results
2. Project Management: efficient management, communication and cooperation between partners, work package leadership, financial management, effective dissemination, reporting and partner meetings
3. Project Activities and Results: work planning, time and budget management and quality of project results as appropriate to target beneficiaries
- Systems to document taken actions
– work elements of the two projects to be transferred (LIFE and Design Thinking) into a new practical training toolkit for use in Career Development, Workplace Preparation or Employment training courses.
– create a pack of activities and assignments for VET students and jobseekers in English and each partner first national language.
– develop a user friendly methodology for teachers and trainers, careers’ advisors and employment agency staff in English and each partner first national language.
CB4LLP Impact analysis
04_useful_ideas (value): 8
04_useful_ideas (text): 8
04_stakeholders (value): 9
04_stakeholders (text): 9
04_partnerships (value): 8
04_partnerships (text): 8
04_other (value): 8
04_other (text): 8
04_general (value): 9
04_general (text): 9
04_particular (value): 8
04_particular (text): 8
04_internal (value): 9
04_internal (text): 9
04_external (value): 10
04_external (text): 10
04_educational (value): 9
04_educational (text): 9
04_noneducational (value): 6
04_noneducational (text): 6
04_systems_monitor (value): 9
04_systems_monitor (text): 9
04_systems_actions (value): 8
04_systems_actions (text): 8