- Giovanni Cervioni
- View Giovanni Cervioni’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- POTENTE – POTential ENTrepreneur in Europe
General aim of the POTENTE project is to strengthen starting companies as far as their chances of survival and to increase their competitiveness on the market through upgrading managerial competence of potential entrepreneurs. Recognition of needs of target groups is based on long lasting and deeply rooted into practice experience of the project partners and their nets of cooperation. Policy of introduction and support for business and entrepreneurial trainings for starters needs not only time and funds to become praxis but thorough recognition of the levels of knowledge, skills and attitudes. These aspects defined and the shortages in managerial, key competence mapped lead to proper approach towards trainings promotion. The attention for this pre-training phase is very important to obtain a qualitative training policy. Well-tailored training would prepare starters to start their own business and achieve success on the European market. The project implementation should be divided into 7 work packages. The 1st WP focused on the project management; the 6th WP – valorisation of the project results and the 7th WP – quality and evaluation. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th WPs directly focused on activities leading to the project results.
2nd WP: Adapting competence assessment system of potential entrepreneur
3rd WP: Modification of the ICT tool for competence measurement
4th WP: Training programmes and training materials (soft competences)
5th WP: Train-the-trainer – System of certification of trainers in soft competences
- Keywords / TAGS
- Labor market, Lifelong learning, ICT, Enterprise, SME, Continuous training
Coordinator contact details
- Italy, Spain, Poland, Portugal, Greece, Ireland
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Young people who have business ideas must be supported by qualified and professional training agencies play a central role in this area. At the regional level should be promoted and supported the initiatives of potential entrepreneurs.
- Enterprise and SMEs
- European Qualification Framework
- Accommodation and Food Service Activities, HORECA
- Administrative and Support Service Activities
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
- Financial and Insurance Activities
- Other Service Activities
- Wholesale and Retail Trade, Repair of Motor Vehicl
- Centres for guidance, counselling or accreditation
- Other sectors of adult education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- An innovative way towards European competence based entrepreneur qualifications – entrepreneur diplo
- The objective of the project “An innovative way towards common European competence based entrepreneur qualifications – entrepreneur diploma (EUROPAPRENEUR)“ is to transfer the elements of the innovative entrepreneur diploma – national competence based qualifications for entrepreneurs developed in Finland to European partner countries and to develop entrepreneurship training (training of nascent entrepreneurs) in Finland further through the impulse from the partner countries. Useful learning arrangements throughout Europe shall be developed and tested in the project, especially through the development of blended-learning modules, in order to support practical and other innovative learning forms. The respective learning modules will be assessed with credit points, in which the usability of both the ECVET-concept and the ECTS-system are to be examined. At the same time an integration into the NQF/EQF shall be carried out. In this way, the quality and attractiveness of entrepreneurship trainers, teachers and tutors to be increased, the permeability between the different educational systems (vocational training, university) enabled and the experiences and competences of the European partners in the areas of E-Learning and blended-learning approaches for trainers, teachers and tutors utilised.
Our research has shown that the Finnish system of national competence based qualifications for entrepreneurs is unique in Europe and that other European countries can profit from this qualification system decisively. The added value for the cooperative partner institutions in Europe is that they are able to develop and expand their entrepreneurship training offers round the innovative common European competence based entrepreneur qualifications – entrepreneur diploma and cover the qualification needs of nascent entrepreneurs in their countries much better.
Moreover, we are expecting a considerable contribution to entrepreneurship training in Finland, if the model “common European competence based entrepreneur qualifications” is established in a European validated framework. Finnish entrepreneurship trainers, teachers and tutors could, for instance, be able to complete their further training in different EU-countries and yet acquire a state-approved certificate with no time and quality decline at all. The other way round, trainers, teachers and tutors from partner countries would be able to complete their further training (in parts) in their native countries and take the state-regulated examination in Finland. The application of European credit points and the integration of the further training into the NQF and EQF would then be of considerable benefit to all parties concerned.
The task of entrepreneurship trainers, teachers and tutors have become more challenging and multifaceted not only in Finland but throughout Europe. Facing the changes in the fast changing environment and the increased demands on the nascent entrepreneurs (assuring business survival, acquaintance with global challenges and competition, increase of project-based work and teamwork, importance of business growth, importance of product differentiation and diversification and need of more own initiative, etc), entrepreneurship trainers, teachers and tutors play a very important key role. Their task is to convey entrepreneurial mindset, business skills, decision-making, problem solving, innovativeness, social and self-learning competences etc to the nascent entrepreneurs and, also increasingly, to detect communicative, organisational and coordinative tasks. Yet many of them lack those skills and competences, advisory and organisational competences, with which they will be able to practice their extended role as a coach, learning companion and coordinator and complement their existing task of transmitting business idea specific knowledge.
2. LLP project or related resource
- Applying ECVET and ECTS to Certify Learning Outcomes and Qualification of the Entrepreneur in Constr
- In EU VET systems of Constructions is growing an interest on enterprise and entrepreneur competences certification. These competences are not defined and certified in many EU MS. At this aim, applying ECVET principles and technical specifications, the Project is aimed to define and apply operational and transferable methods and guidelines to design qualification in units of learning outcomes with allocation of ECVET points; test units of learning outcomes based qualification with associated procedures for assessment, transfer, validation and accumulation of learning outcomes achieved in formal, informal and non formal contexts; design and test quality standards to apply ECVET to the qualification; design VET programmes with flexible devices for validation, transfer and recognition of learning outcomes; develop concepts based on learning outcomes approach to combine ECVET and ECTS and enhance their compatibility. Identification, in each participating countries, of the professional figures operating as entrepreneur in the construction sector
Classification onto the 8 EQF reference levels of all the professional figures of entrepreneurs detected in the European participating countries
Identification of a common European perimeter of entrepreneurial figures in construction sector on which the project will focus and activate the ECVET process combined with ECTS
Collection, analysis and adaptation of experiences and best practices already realised
Definition of the guideline, with a coherent plan of activities and transferable methods to design concerned qualification in units of learning outcomes with allocation of ECVET points
Design of the qualification in terms of activities and tasks, knowledge, skills and competences
Definition of specific ECVET quality standards to apply the new European sectoral qualification across participating countries at national/regional level, allowing the issuing of an ECVET quality label to the qualification
Preparation of a complete draft of the MoU for the qualification designed
Involvement in the MoU, beyond the project partners, of the public institutions competent in VET matter and the other interested organisations
Transfer, validation and accumulation of awarded ECVET and ECTS credits in sectoral and territorial VET systems involved in MoU
The experimentation will involve at least 120 entrepreneurs in all participating countries.
Publication on paper and USB keys, of all project deliverables for public dissemination level
Realisation of a Compendium publication for results exploitation;
Definition of Policy Recommendations, based on project results, for sectoral and territorial decision-makers.
3. LLP project or related resource
- E2P – electronic entrepreneur portfolios
- E2P project uses the e-portfolio methodology for the identification of entrepreneurial skills, communication and cooperative problem solving between entrepreneurs, to share knowledge and as a basis for e-learning solutions.
E-portfolio, combined with a knowledge platform (information for young entrepreneurs on all phases of the founding-process) provide an excellent basis for identifying and improving entrepreneurial skills. Fostering entrepreneurial (further) education/training among young people is a necessity in order to meet the challanges in a constantly changing labour market (compare Small Business Act, especially Principle 1 and Oslo Agenda). Selfemployment/Entrepreneurship is a chance for young people, particularly in the case of graduates from vocational based education there is an occasion to set up an own business on the basis of the field they have learned, especially in the tertiary sector (creative industries, health professions, etc.).
AIMS: The general aim of our project is to use web 2.0 e-learning methodology as a tool for identifying entrepreneurial competences, to facilitate communication and collaborative problem-solving between entrepreneurs in advance, knowledge sharing and as a basis to identify fitting e-learning solutions.
ePortfolios (transfer of the eProfilPASS), in combination with the knowledge portal (information for young entrepreneurs in all phases of the formation of an enterprise; transfer of www.frauengruenden.info) will provide an excellent portal to identify and improve entrepreneurial skills.
Therewith a secondary aim is achieved: to increase the chances of young people on the labour market in general. Most of the competences important for successful entrepreneurship are also assistant for being a successful employee/intrapreneur.
4. LLP project or related resource
- Female Entrepreneurs: Mentoring and Lifelong Learning across Europe
- FE:MALE aimed to encourage women facing double disadvantage to start up in business through the provision of supportive Mentoring Circles led by experienced facilitators across UK, Cyprus, Malta and the Netherlands. FE:MALE has provided e learning opportunities for potential female entrepreneurs to develop personal competencies in soft skills learning areas that will develop confidence and skills to start up in business. Women entrepreneurs are under-represented across all of the European countries represented in FE:MALE. Research indicates common barriers at the core of this under-representation including lack of confidence,work-life balance concerns and anxiety about risk-taking. Barriers are amplified for women facing ‘double-disadvantage'(DD) i.e. being a woman over 50, BME-Black & Minority Ethnic, Migrants or lone parents. FE:MALE increased confidence of potential women entrepreneurs through face to face Mentoring Circles and elearning opportunities. FE:MALE transferred innovative training methodologies from the UK to 3 member states to enhance European vocational educational training (VET), personal development/mentoring support to equip women with the necessary soft skills to start developing entrepreneurial activities.
Project objectives: Transfer of proven successful innovative learning methodologies from the UK to partner countries; Developed a European training the trainers package to transfer the Mentoring Circles for Female Entrepreneurs methodology to partner countries;Transferred and adapted paper based materials to e-learning materials to widen access to online development tools for female entrepreneurs on a European scale;built and developed crucial social capital for women entrepreneurs online(social networking-learn zone);and enhanced the provision of vocational guidance across Europe by providing quality personal development tools/training methods aimed at reducing personal self-limiting beliefs of women.
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
The results of the project should be the follows:
^ The refined competence profile of potential entrepreneur,
^ ICT tool for managerial competence level assessment of potential entrepreneur
^ Training programme and training materials in order to teach/improve 6 generic competences (for trainer and trainee),
^ User’s guide of the ICT tool,
^ Trainer certification and development system,
^ Brochure promoting project and its results.
Training agencies, Ass. of young entrepreneurs.
common communication platform for partners
common communication platform for partners
website with downloadable materials
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
- Systems to document taken actions
materials uploaded to the webpage
CB4LLP Impact analysis
04_useful_ideas (value): 7
04_useful_ideas (text): 7
04_stakeholders (value): 7
04_stakeholders (text): 7
04_partnerships (value): 8
04_partnerships (text): 8
04_other (value): 8
04_other (text): 8
04_solutions (value): 7
04_solutions (text): 7
04_general (value): 7
04_general (text): 7
04_particular (value): 7
04_particular (text): 7
04_internal (value): 8
04_internal (text): 8
04_external (value): 8
04_external (text): 8
04_educational (value): 7
04_educational (text): 7
04_noneducational (value): 8
04_noneducational (text): 8
04_equipment (value): 7
04_equipment (text): 7
04_systems_monitor (value): 8
04_systems_monitor (text): 8
04_systems_actions (value): 7
04_systems_actions (text): 7