- Anna Sarateanu
- View Anna Sarateanu’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- IQWBL – Improving the Quality in Work-Based Learning
“Internationalization is not a value in itself in education, but it is an opportunity for better learning; for improving the language skills and knowledge about various cultures, for flexibility, for problem solving skill an for growth of self-understanding and self-confidence. The challenge for VET is to meet the changing skills needs of individuals and the world of work according to the principle of lifelong learning.
In order to ensure quality, there is a need for a set of documents and procedures that makes it possible to measure the quality of the training period and to provide means for evaluation.”
The project IQWBL is a Transfer of Innovation (TOI) project within the Life Long Learning Programme (LLP) of the European Commission.
A consortium of 5 partners worked on the project.
The target group of the project is represented by the vocational teachers and students in the sectors of vocational training, and they will be provided with a range of skills and knowledge which will contribute to their long term sustainable operations.
The IQWBL project started in October 2010 and ended in September 2012.
- Keywords / TAGS
- VET, work-based learning, guidebooks, internships, recognition tools for VET qualifications, ECVET, EQAVET, EQF, EUROPASS
Coordinator contact details
- Giovanni Crisonà
- Finland, Italy, Lithuania, Romania and Sweden. The project has been coordinated by the Finnish partner.
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- VET Students, VET teachers,
- Language training
- Lifelong learning
- Vocational guidance
- Head teachers/principals/managers
- Non teaching administrative staff
- Members of students/teachers councils
- Best practice
- European Qualification Framework
- Quality Assurance in Lifelong Learning
- Vocational/Technical secondary
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
- ita, suomi, sweden, romanian, lithuanian
1. LLP project or related resource
- The "Majakka" project was started in order to facilitate the process of sending a student for a period of Work-Based Learning (WBL) in a company in another European country. The main product of the project is a website with links to documents that are used by the international coordinator in the sending school.
The Lighthouse portal contains documents and procedures (Pre-mobility, Mobility, Post-mobility) that are used by the students/trainers/teachers during a period of work-based training abroad. Some of the documents have been translated into other European languages, to ensure a better understanding of the procedures by the receiving partner (the schools and companies abroad).
The Lighthouse Project was realized in 2002-2005 with financial support from the Finnish Board of Education, and it is currently being revised to reflect the changes in the curricula (the introduction of vocational skills demonstrations). The Lighthouse portal and documents is the cornerstone of the international activities of the Federation of Education in Central Ostrobothnia (KPEDU). The aim is to develop student, teacher, and expert exchange, and improve the opportunities for work-based learning. The exchange of students, teachers, and experts, along with international work-based learning periods are mainly realized under the Lighthouse project.
2. LLP project or related resource
- ACT: Agricultural Alliance for Competence and Skills based Training
- The ACT project will contribute to reduce the mismatch between new jobs and existing skills in the agricultural sector and to improve the agricultural curriculum design and delivery by innovative VET services and broad dissemination throughout whole Europe.
ACT expects to increase the number of upskilled employees in the agricultural sector and aims at providing innovative instruments and modulised trainings based on EQF and ECVET by its strong Agricultural Alliance for Competence and Skills based Training.
3. LLP project or related resource
- TRAINING: LET’S CROSS TOGETHER THE BRIDGE BETWEEN SCHOOL AND WORK
- 1. A research on former students about outcomes and methods to get a job has been carried out by school institution partners.
2. A survey on companies of wood-furniture sector has been implemented in order to identify specific needs about skills and apprenticeship (school-work alternation).
On the basis of the 2 research outcomes, several instruments and suitable methods to satisfy the specific and emergent needs have been developed.
3. We have carried out a training model for students to prepare them for work experience, focusing on safe & security, work and organization process. The model will be experimented next months.
4. We have implemented an innovative instrument to help school tutors and company tutors to cooperate and work together in designing a personal training project in company for students. The instrument is currently in the experimentation phase.
5. We have implemented 2 job points at Chamber of Commerce in Monza dedicated to young people searching for a job in the wood – furniture sector and the services are currently provided through tailor made orientation paths and materials, .
6. We have started a job board named "Job20" – now on line – to help young people and companies to meet each either in a new way through new functions to match the parties.
7. A training module has been designed to support students in their professional competency development (furniture design, marketing,etc.) to specialize them with high contents, carried out by academic teachers and company experts.The module will be implemented next months.
8.Events and seminars have been proposed to public (companies, students, teachers, trainers and experts, other organisations, private and public, also in sinergy with other projects).
Many plans, instruments and guidelines have been created to manage the project in a common framework.
Th following activities will be implemented: Experimentation of the 3 training modules regarding students and tutors/teachers.The experimentation will provide us with usuful details to create an Handbook of best pratices. Another activity will regard the revision of school-work alternation patterns and regulations, thanks to meetings and networking with social parts and public institution (national and regional. Many events will be organized to support dissemination and transfer of results, as well as a pubblication will be accomplished (e-book).
4. LLP project or related resource
- Pools CX
- Language learning for VET, materials for students, videos and manuals for teachers
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
The objective of the project is to implement best practices with regard to Work-Based Learning (WBL, On-The-Job Learning). The background is the Lighthouse project in Finland, and the PERLE partnership which will be implemented in such a way that the national curricula and practices are taken into consideration.
In order to achieve this objective, the project aims:
to carry the appropriate research
to develop a network of companies available to host work based learning
to create and implement innovative teaching/training materials for the vocational education
to evaluate the impact/results on groups of students from every partner school or institution
to publish the achieved results on the project website.
The aims and the objectives of this proposal address to the wider perspective of European priorities in the Leonardo da Vinci Programme concerning the development of the quality and attractiveness of VET systems and practices (LEO-TraInno-2) as stated in the Call for Proposals.
– job instructors / tutors
– hosting companies
– VET schools
– VET teachers
Guidebooks are developed with general information, with a students’ guidebook, a teachers’ guidebook, a job instructors’ guidebook.
Divide the process into phases, as the Majakka project suggests
1. Selection process:
a) selection criteria
b) application form
c) interview form
d) Europass CV, Language Passport, Mobility and Diploms Supplement
a) WBL plan
b) partner agreement between institutes
3. Travel and general knowledge
a) google maps
b) info for travelling
c) plan the travel
4. Language preparation
a) online resources
b) language learning methods
5. Cultural preparation
a) country information
b) your Europe
c) Becult – learning environment for language and culture
a) introduction to the placement
b) keeping a diary
d) learning assignments
a) assessment instructions and criteria
b) WBL assessment
c) students’ self assessment
3. Communicating with the student and company
c) instruments: skype, MSN, etc.
a) travel account
b) students’ final report
a) students’ feedback to the sending organisation
b) students’ feedback to the employer
c) feedback from the WBL period
Learning from best practices on processes and procedures, again with a look on Majakka project.
Regular meetings with the partners:
– Skype, Adobe Connect
– partner meetings
– communication platform
Dissemination and exploitation of the project: the WPs have been very well managed, implemented and monitored by the partners responsible for the WPs under question, with the cooperation of all partners. The coordinator also communicated with the donor’s officers.
- Educational Sector
Guidebooks for Students, Teachers and Job Instructors. The materials have been created, translated, tested, modified and adapted. The materials are available online.
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
Quality has been monitored by the WP leader, who constantly kept an eye on implementation and communicated with all partenrs.
- Systems to document taken actions
All activities have been documented:
1. dissemination: list of signatures, pictures, etc
2. piloting actions: signatures, feedback forms filled in by students/teachers
CB4LLP Impact analysis
04_useful_ideas (value): 8
04_useful_ideas (text): 8
04_stakeholders (value): 9
04_stakeholders (text): 9
04_partnerships (value): 10
04_partnerships (text): 10
04_other (value): 8
04_other (text): 8
04_solutions (value): 9
04_solutions (text): 9
04_general (value): 10
04_general (text): 10
04_particular (value): 10
04_particular (text): 10
04_internal (value): 9
04_internal (text): 9
04_external (value): 9
04_external (text): 9
04_educational (value): 9
04_educational (text): 9
04_systems_actions (value): 9
04_systems_actions (text): 9