- View Dorota’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- Intercultural skills in VET mobility projects
A labour market nowadays is composed from people with various cultural background – youngsters who start their professional experience should be prepared to integrate themselves well in a multicultural environment. Intercultural competences should be developed and higlighted during the VET mobility projects. Young participants experience daily numerous cultural differences in various fields (different work culture, interaction with other mobility learners, daily life in foreign country). They should have tools in order to avoid difficulties, develop their intercultural awarness and competences and become able to use them in the future to enhance their employability. Preparation and on-arrival training are extremely important from this point of view.
- Keywords / TAGS
- intercultural competences, on-arrival training, employability
Coordinator contact details
- Giovanni Crisonà, giovanni.crisonà@cscs.it
- Spain, Germany, UK, Ireland, Sweden
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Youth Centers, Schools, Cultural centers, Mobility Facilitators
- Continuous training
- Intercultural learning
- Labour market
- Lifelong learning
- Careers officers
- Best practice
- Methods for Training of Teachers/Staff
- General secondary
- Vocational/Technical secondary
- Adult Education Provider
- Higher education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- Development of Intercultural Competence of Students and Trainers in EU VET institutions – INCOM-VET
- The intercultural competence is the principal precondition for every individual and since it is not automatically acquired, it needs to be developed, learned and maintained throughout individual’s life.The Project aims to transfer the intercultural competence learning model to European VET institutions.
The main objectives of the Project are:
– to adapt the transfer material into the learning model „Development of Intercultural Competence“;
– to produce the handbooks of intercultural competence development and the examples of practical exercises, case studies, videos for VET teachers and students;
– to test the affectivity and feasibility of adapted learning model by project partners at the national level in VET institutions;
-to customize the intercultural competence learning model according to the test findings;
– to create the project website sharing of information on intercultural competence development on-line for the entire duration of the project and continue in the future;
– to open the living laboratories for the intercultural competence learning in VET institutions of project partners;
– to disseminate and to valorize the transferred and adapted intercultural competence learning model on national and European levels.
2. LLP project or related resource
- Development of a virtual classroom for the acquisition and recognition of intercultural competences
- CULTOOL is based on an innovative Virtual Classroom for the development and acquisition of intercultural competences by vocational TRaining or University students and graduates who are participating in job placement programmes. These often take place in multicultural environments, thus improving student´s capacity for social and cultural integration together with efficiency in their ongoing professional skills, fostering their employability.
CULTOOL is presented as a comprehensive on-line training, monitoring, mentoring and assessment system for the acquisition of intercultural competences maximizing work-integrated learning experiences.
3. LLP project or related resource
- Intercultool – Developing a framework model and assessment tool of intercultural competence
- Summary Intercultool is a collaborative two year (November 2007-October 2009) Life Long Learning funded project being undertaken by a consortium of partners from France, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and UK.
In the context of the intercultural dynamics involved in European co-operation activities and the increasing ethnic and cultural diversity within most Member States, the importance of intercultural competence for both individuals and organisations has been acknowledged within the core competences framework of Education and Training 2010.
The purpose of the Intercultool project is to contribute to the development of the skills and competence of professionals in managing situations and interactions influenced by cultural diversity within their fields of
activity (business, public and not for profit), as well as in their wider social and public lives. Furthermore, the project has an added focus on facilitating the recognition
and development of intercultural competence in
the domain of vocational and further education and training.
The aim of this project is to contribute to the preparation of professionals for the treatment/management of manifestations of cultural diversity within their field and their society. During the project the partners will elaborate a framework model and an assessment tool on intercultural competence to better understand and measure the training needs of the different target groups, and give an assessment of the level of their intercultural competences. The project wishes to work towards the recognition and introduction of intercultural competence in the vocational education system.
4. LLP project or related resource
- Cross Cultural Learning and Teaching in Vocational Education and Training (CCLVET)
- The Cross Cultural Learning and Teaching Styles (CCLTS) series of projects and events has looked at the problem of cross cultural issues from many different angles but with a unified method, which has been developed and refined throughout the projects mentioned above. Its strength lies in its multicultural approach in analyzing learning and teaching styles and the size of the accumulated knowledge base consisting of the results of a large scale survey and the four-year research on cross cultural topics. This knowledge base has been used to produce a number of successful brochures, books and websites which are used by professors and students all over the world. Until now this products were tailored for higher education institutions, especially for universities acting in an international environment not for vocational training institutions, also the focus of CCLTS was not mainly on inter European cultural differences. In the scope of this project the aim is to use the knowledge base of the CCLTS projects and the well established methodology to assess the cultural differences between European countries and to focus our product development as well as dissemination efforts on vocational training institutions in the partner countries. In this way we will be able to use the synergies available and to expand the scope of the consortium’s knowledge base at the same time .
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
The project should enable VET students in mobility to acquire, develop and assess intercultural competences in a self-conscious way
Education and training Centers should raise awarness of intercultural skills importance among students, teachers and tutors.
A group of stakeholders from various EU countries
The idea is to develop a Training course for VET students in mobility, which could be implemented partially during the preparation meetings before the mobility (implemented by teachers) and partially on-arrival (implemented by tutors/mentors)
The project will be divided into tasks to be done by each partner, will be monitored by the coordinator and payments will be effected as agreed at the beginning of the project and foreseen by the contract with the National Agency.
This course will be suitable for use in schools, colleges, training centres and other organisations.
e-mail, moodle platform, partner meetings
Activity Reports from partners to coordinator every 3 months.
Activity and Financial Reports to the NA.
- Educational Sector
the Training Course, teaching materials
- Non educational
Feedback from partners will be requested on various aspects (communication, understanding of the tasks, self assessment of quality, etc.). All this will generate reports on quality and will help the coordinator better understand the situation. Activity reports and financial reports will also help the monitoring.
- Systems for quality monitoring
Activity reports, dissemination and exploitation reports.
- Systems to document taken actions
CB4LLP Impact analysis
04_useful_ideas (value): 10
04_useful_ideas (text): 10
04_stakeholders (value): 8
04_stakeholders (text): 8
04_partnerships (value): 8
04_partnerships (text): 8
04_other (value): 7
04_other (text): 7
04_solutions (value): 8
04_solutions (text): 8
04_general (value): 8
04_general (text): 8
04_particular (value): 8
04_particular (text): 8
04_internal (value): 7
04_internal (text): 7
04_external (value): 9
04_external (text): 9
04_educational (value): 8
04_educational (text): 8
04_noneducational (value): 7
04_noneducational (text): 7
04_systems_monitor (value): 8
04_systems_monitor (text): 8
04_systems_actions (value): 9
04_systems_actions (text): 9