- Anna Sarateanu
- View Anna Sarateanu’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
ocational Training centres and, in general, most small and medium sized companies do not have tools or systems that let them manage innovation properly. Their management systems are more geared towards tackling the tasks that are their day to day work rather than creating time and resources for forward planning that would enable them to work on innovative projects.
The RAINOVA project follows the general aim of encouraging development of innovation systems for the regions represented by the project partners. In order to achieve this aim, firstly we will need to analyse the role played by educational institutions in the innovation system, particularly those working in the field of Vocational Training. So, the study of the different regional innovation systems represents one of the objectives of this project, tackling relations between the different agents within them and how they participate in the innovating process.
In the same way, after having analysed the different innovation systems regionally, the project will tackle the challenge of proposing an innovation management model that can be used by any of the agents in these systems, adapting as necessary. This will create a shared vision of the innovating process, in terms of organisations and as a regional system.
Finally, the management model will be piloted with a small number of organisations – VET institutions, companies and research organisations.
The results of the regional studies and the piloting of the innovation management model will allow project partners to propose initiatives that will work with their respective systems. In order to guarantee shared learning between the different regions and their respective systems, creating a network of regional innovation systems is proposed, encouraging its development and evolution.
The main aim of the RAINOVA project is to encourage the development of Regional Innovation Systems for the regions represented by the project partners.This aim will be achieved through the following objectives:
1) To research the current situation in each region in terms of current innovation systems and strategies
– Identify agents within the region that act in the field of innovation (educational organisations / government departments / entities specialised in research and innovation / business organisations, etc.)
– Describe the role that each institution plays in the general innovation process
– Set out the existing relationships between the different identified agents
– Identify the different standards, programmes and other resources existing in each region related to innovation management
2) To design an Innovation Management Model that, as well as creating the flexibility required for each organisational and/or regional context, means that the challenge of innovation can be tackled in a more coordinated and intelligent way:
– Create “virtual” Innovation Observatories in each region which will gather relevant information on-line on the areas of interest
– Produce an Innovation Observatory Guide to help organisations navigate the information
– Evaluate the usability and use of the Innovation Observatories
– Develop the Innovation Management Model methodology using the results of the evaluation
3) To draw up Action Plans for the implementation of the IMM in regional networks identifying the interventions needed to create of improve the regional innovation systems.
4) To pilot the IMM in the 4 regions of Tuscany, Wales, Syddanmark and Basque Country (who are all members of EARLALL) focusing on an innovative sector with emerging technologies.
5) To create the regional networks in each partner country:
– support and monitor the development progress of the networks
– monitoring the implementation of the action plans
– adapting and improving the IMM after the pilot
– initiating co-operation between the regional networks
– facilitate future studies of the innovation networks
– providing guidance and inspiration
6) To facilitate the creation of the International Innovation Network
- Keywords / TAGS
- Innovation, Management of Innovation, SMEs, VET, Regional Innovation Systems, networks
Coordinator contact details
- Giovanni Crisonà
- ES, UK, ITA, RO, TR, SE, PL, DK, CN, CA
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Enterprise and SMEs
- Best practice
- Methods for Training of Teachers/Staff
- Vocational/Technical secondary
- Other sectors of adult education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- Leonardo NEXT: The Innovation People
- Transfer action is based on the analysis of the success cases and methodologies identified in The Netherlands, where higher is the interrelation between creativity and innovation. The project identified the components of the creativity process able to generate innovation by people’s actions facing change processes. Both explicit (known) and implicit (not aware of) components has been identified as accelerators and obstacles of the innovative process.
The recognition of the two levels highlighted individual and organisational strategies for innovation implemented through practical creativity, in order to adapt to partner countries concepts, methodologies and actions undertaken to develop the added value created by creativity and innovation relationship.
Through on-the-field analysis of companies directly participating to the project, important information has been collected on innovation cases which have (or have not) been successful (and why), on the contribution by individuals (or a group), on the organizational context of development, on how successful innovation was once introduced within the beneficiary company, on the enabling factors favouring this successful integration.
From the methodology and the experience detected in Netherlands in companies context by NST, a transfer process of essential concepts has been implemented. The concepts were compared and transferred within the project to Italian companies and supporting experts, namely in the North and in the South through the coordination of Confindustria Veneto SIAV and Confindustria Sicilia.
The experts identified (companies, mangers, intermediate bodies for enterprises) underwent a 6-days training about concepts and methodologies. To grant the maximum return on investment, experts tested and adapted training outcomes in groups including senior and junior profiles.
Once the methodology integrated into the new context, it eased the transfer of the relevant aspects under other conditions within the valorisation and mainstreaming processes.
The Hungarian and Romanian partners participate to the adpatation process in order to single out key issues and smooth the transfer at national level. Concept and methodology integration has been provided by national experts as indicators of achieved results.
Afterwards, the successful cases in creativity incorporation as essential agent in innovation activities and processes has been presented and analyzed with regard to concepts, methods and evaluation results. Innovation paths were implemented, sustained by the transferring partner, focusing on intervention guidelines for each beneficiary/company.
The transfer was divided into different steps, as follows:
– Identification of variables within the organisation/sector likely to hamper or slow down innovation;
– Definition of individual or group interventions to overcome these variables on the basis of case studies and adaptation to local context;
– Setting up “creation teams”, trained by New shoes today;
– Availability of tools enhancing creativity within the human resource management system;
– Support to experts and enterprises in shaping up a creativity-oriented culture.
Transversally, the Dutch partner Mindmeeting methodology has been implemented in order to smooth partners communication and enhance the transfer of identified strategies to pilot enterprises. The role of the partner affected directly the intercultural mediation, as key issue in successful group dynamic and adaptable relationship.
2. LLP project or related resource
- InnoWeit- from innovation to vocational education
- InnoKenn as well as the developed training program it to be implemented in Greece, Bulgaria, Hungary, Spain and Lithuania and also to be further developed for implementation in Germany. The training program and the InnoKenn method will be evaluated and adjusted during the expert workshops in the respective countries. In the run-up to these workshops the InnoKenn method shall be implemented in at least five organizations of the partner countries. The expert workshops serve as examination for which contents of the training program could be relevant for vocational training regarding the topic of innovation ability in the respective countries.
Apart from external innovation consulters internal innovation promoters are needed. Here it is about members of an organization, who have the task to introduce, accompany and evaluate the innovation projects immediately on-location. They work with the results, which have been obtained in the context of the method InnoKenn regarding innovation ability.
This model, which is successful in Germany, will be adjusted to the specific conditions of the partner countries within the project.
With help of the InnoKenn method, deficits and strengths of the organizations regarding innovation ability are being brought out and determined. These results though are the starting point for members’ qualification within the organizations. In this context, primarily specialists and middle and junior managers, but not in first line the senior managers are in the focus of attention.
In the context of the training program to be adapted to the countries, in-house innovation promoters are being qualified as “Train the Trainer”, who dispose of applicable knowledge and realize interdisciplinary working methods as well as techniques in local operational solutions and strategies and transport them to the personnel. The seminars address in different levels both the middle management and specialists and the employees in production, administration, R&D etc., so that these groups shall be able to face the practical challenges of innovation ability in the organization.
3. LLP project or related resource
- CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION FOR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- NEXT4PA is a project of transfer of innovation between different countries and working contexts implemented in the cross border area of Italy, Austria and Slovenia. By means of sharing experiences, good practices and concepts of the private sector it is aimed to provide better and improved public services as well as to intensify cooperation between the public and the private sector. Due to the necessity of “doing more with less”, final beneficiaries will dispose of logical approaches and instruments to develop new ideas, new services, new solutions to satisfy needs and interests of citizens. More specifically, NEXT 4 PA, supported by the Dutch experts of MindMeeting e New Shoes Today, who developed the methodologies, and by the scientific coordination of Confindustria Veneto SIAV, will involve final beneficiaries of public administrations located in Friuli Venezia Giulia, Slovenia and Carinthia, in order to improve their capacity to offer new services to citizens. The focus of the trilateral project is based on a cross border perspective.
Next4PA is divided in six work packages:
The WP 1 – Coordination and management – has the aim to create a cooperative atmosphere between the partners and to ensure good operative conditions such that all tasks are carried out. With the coordination of the project leader, this WP assures the technical management of the project.
The WP 2 – Quality assurance – aims to be with and guide the project development, giving suggestions and tools for measuring the progressive achievements of project aims and the production of the expected results.
The WP 3 – Transfer of concepts – the aims are: to share concepts and tools among the partners; to identify adaptation needs of the methodology and of the tools to the receiving context; to identify the features of implementation of the method in the context of PA and at cross-border level; to identify sectors and functions of PA where test the methodology.
The WP 4 – Transfer of the methodology – during the this WP the transfer continues by acting on:the knowledge and skills of experts, of public servants and politicians, in order to facilitate the dissemination and the use of methodologies for the development of the creativity in the PA; identifying and presenting to stakeholders and beneficiaries the potential applications of the methodology to develop new services in the PA and promote cooperation between public and private; practical and workable methods for testing the methodology in the PA. The test will represent by one hand the concrete transfer and, on the other hand, the prove the methodology works in the local contexts of PA.
The WP 5- Transfer of actions – the aim is to finalize the transfer and to evaluate the first results obtained. Therefore, this WP aims to implement pilot actions, to analyse the results both for participants and on the contexts to implement thanks to the 3 workshops in Slovenia, the methodology in the simplification of the services in the P.A.
The WP6 is dedicated to the transversal activities aiming to disseminate information and results related to the project and support the sustainability of the benefits produced over time.
This WP intends therefore: accompany, support, stimulate ad orient the transfer of the approach and its integration in Italian, Austrian and Slovenian contest; activate processes of mainstreaming and multiplication that will find concrete implementation in the public administrations, from the more advanced contexts (Netherlands), to the Italian, Austrian, and Slovenian one. Last aim, is the promotion of a continuous and stable use of the methodology in the organizations involved, in order to create bases for the sustainability of the benefits produced, beyond the duration of the project.
4. LLP project or related resource
- 2inno.eu – DO innovation now!
- To reach the aims and objectives of the project the work programme is split into ten work packages including separate work packages for dissemination, exploitation and sustainable implementation, quality management as well as project management. Each work package has clearly defined aims, responsibilities, activities, milestones, outputs, start/end dates and costs. Objectives and activities are clearly defined, outputs are measurable and time bound.
For each work package there is a work package leader; all core partners are actively involved in the work packages and will contribute to all of them. The partnership combines the expertise of institutions that is necessary to reach the aims and to realize the outputs as described. All partners (including associated ones) are integrated in regional/national and European networks related to the aims of the project. This grants professional dissemination activities and sustainable implementation in VET and related institutions.
The work packages are defined as follows:
• WP1: Transfer and adaptation of the "iModel" content: Definition which content and tools are to be transferred in which way.
• WP2: Build up the "2inno-platform": Creation of a multi-language portal with two sections for articles & links; implementation of a Content Management System with access for all core partners; Design of the project CI; The platform will also be used during the workshops with the owners and for self-study sessions.
• WP3: Profile of competencies for "2inno Coaches": Definition of skills which are absolutely needed to act as a coach within the project. We won’t be able to train unexperienced coaches within the project. Our main target group are the owners and therefore we have to work with internal & external experts in the field. For these experts we will develop a short training on the 2inno.eu tools. This means that the chosen Coaches will get an additional qualification.
• WP4: Short modular workshops (trainings) for owners and key staff of SMEs/MEs: Curricula development for the workshops; Here we work on a general frame of the trainings/workshops. It will be crucial that the Coaches together with the owners and their key staff, decide which modules they need and which focus they will choose together for their workshops. Coaches have to be aware that this is not a mainstream curriculum, but that they have to come to a "tailored" training with the main target group. The whole training process will be based on the outcome of the "2inno diagnostics tool", which will be the point of departure. The main aim of this WP is to start "DOING" innovation: owners and their key staff will be enabled to work on their tailored innovations strategy.
• WP5: Virtual Networking Space (open social media): Find appropriate tool and implement the social media project space.
• WP6: Management of the pilot training phase (consists of two main parts): Expert & Pilot training: Outline the general frame for the piloting; then all partners work on country specific adaptations.
• WP7: Dissemination activities on regional, national and European level: we will work with dissemination plans which follow the general dissemination strategy set up by P3-IE.
• WP8: Exploitation and sustainable implementation of the "2inno-tools": our broad network of associated partners will assist us in the sustainable implementation of all results & products on national & EU level.
• WP9: Quality management: will be based on the general strategy set up by P1 and will then be carried out on process level as well as on product level
• WP10: Project management: will be led by Hafelekar and sustained by all core partners who are all experienced in PM
Transfer activities pay much attention to adapt the products to the needs of the partner countries by keeping the innovative basic outlines/frameworks as well as contents of the initial products.
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
The Project will use a common methodology based on three main elements:1) Consensus building among key actors within the Regional Innovation Networks. We need to create and communicate a vision for change.2) Analysis of the regional innovation and development strategies and their links to educational institutions and labour markets3) Development of widely endorsed policies and strategic frameworks on innovation supportThese elements will enable regions to implement new initiatives and services that meet regional needs.
The main target groups:-Trainers / practitioners in VET and work-based learning institutions-Trainees and potential innovators in VET and other educational institutions-Providers of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for VET-Associations of VET centres in Europe, Canada and China- companies both who are developing innovative ideas and those who need to access innovation to grow- Entrepreneurs who prioritise innovation- Innovators generating new ideas in labour markets, research centres and universities- Innovation parks
Methodology and partnership will bring to the creation of a Knowledge and Innovation Community will be created and this Community will integrate the three sides of the knowledge triangle: research, education and innovation. This will aim to support regional needs of the labour market and the needs of the VET system.Another very important task for this community will be the development of a culture of innovation and a model of transference of the results of the projects of innovation that will enable VET centres, innovators and SMEs to share experiences and to be regularly updated in new developments in innovation and creativity.
All partners will be responsible of at least one WP and will cooperate and suppoprt the WP leaders.
Steering Committee, Activity Reports, Financial Reports
Quality Plan and quality assurance
The project will develop in 5 key phases:
1. Studying the situation of regional innovation systems
2. Designing an Innovation Management Model
3. Drawing up action plans for the Regional Innovation Systems
4. Piloting the Innovation Management Model
5. Creating of the Regional Innovation Networks
Phase 1: Researching the different innovation systems that exist in each region represented in the project.. Each regional study will identify strengths and weaknesses in each innovation system. A situation report will then guide decisions by regional governments and agents. The study will give insights into other worlds and best practices developed in other regions and carry out an inter-regional analysis on the most significant shortfalls in the regional innovation system, facilitating and focussing common work on common problems
Phase 2: designing an Innovation Management Model (IMM) that will enable adaptations and ensure that the challenge of innovation is tackled in a more coordinated, intelligent way. It will aim to systematically manage different phases of the innovation process and to allow different agents and regions to generate an organisational/regional context that encourages innovation. Thus the innovation management model to be developed by the project partners will address not only the systematic part of innovation (macro-process of innovation) but also the context/environment part that brings about the innovation (culture for innovation).
Phase 3. Drawing up action plans for the regional innovation systems.Taking into account both the results obtained in the first phase "Situation study of regional innovation systems" and those from the second phase "Design of an innovation management model", proposals will be drawn up for intervention plans aiming to complete and/or improve the different regional innovation systems. These plans will consist of completely or partially applying the innovation model to the regional innovation system.
Phase 4. Piloting the Innovation Management Model in the 4 regions of Tuscany, Basque, Wales and Syddanmark in a sector in innovative technologies
Phase 5. Creating the "Regional Innovation Systems Network". The targets would be:
– Supporting and monitoring the progress and development of each of the regions in applying the innovation management model designed in phase 2.
– Monitoring execution of intervention plans designed in phase 3.
– Guaranteeing the systematic improvement of the designed innovation management model.
– Favouring cooperation between different regions.
– Facilitating future studies regarding the regional innovation systems.
-Being a source of guidance and inspiration for all agents participating in the regional innovation systems.
All partners (SMEs, VET, etc.) will bring their own point of view and will cooperate to create the IMM and the regional innovations system. They can and have to also involve other stakeholders (in own countries) in this process.
An internal communication platform will be used for:
b) save online documents, share resources, etc.
c) insert dissemination events and document them;
d) insert the financial data online and keep expenditure under control.
Activity reports, financial reports, website, forums, facebook, twitter, media, participation in seminars, workshops, conferences, other events,
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
joomla website, cooperation and communication platform with many functionalities, prezzi presentations, videos, etc.
- Systems for quality monitoring
Quality Management Plan
This Plan will ensure overall management and leadership of the project and will encompass the targets and milestones of all the other Workpackages so that they can all be managed and monitored by the Quality Management Team. The end users will be all partners in the project.
- Systems to document taken actions
Cooperation and communication platform will help us document, do the repository of files, and monitor the project.
CB4LLP Impact analysis
04_useful_ideas (value): 9
04_useful_ideas (text): 9
04_stakeholders (value): 9
04_stakeholders (text): 9
04_partnerships (value): 9
04_partnerships (text): 9
04_other (value): 9
04_other (text): 9
04_general (value): 9
04_general (text): 9
04_particular (value): 9
04_particular (text): 9
04_internal (value): 9
04_internal (text): 9
04_external (value): 9
04_external (text): 9
04_noneducational (value): 9
04_noneducational (text): 9
04_equipment (value): 9
04_equipment (text): 9
04_systems_monitor (value): 9
04_systems_monitor (text): 9
04_systems_actions (value): 9
04_systems_actions (text): 9