- Giovanni Cervioni
- View Giovanni Cervioni’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- YO _ Young people Organise togheter
YO project arises from the awareness on how much our cultural and social system is lacking in supporting young people, since the school time, about the “thinkability of its own future,” in the design of concrete solutions of employability, in strengthening the awareness of proactive citizens.
The approaches for a new way of working with young people are weak, there isn’t the necessary opening to catch a glimpse of the company as a real possibility and the willingness to work in a close relationship between school and business is very low. the projectaims to strengthen the cultural support to the creation of a business and the “thinkability” of sustainable solutions for young people employability. It aims to strengthen real synergies between training and labor market. Through the contest / tool “And… if I create a business?” will be involved young people of the last year of high school Young people will have, as advisors, school teachers trained by the project staff and external technicians related to the partnership. The winners will carry out a work experience in another country, relating with other companies, other social relationships and broadening their way of seeing world and life. Enhance their ability to work to find solutions as well as identify new further resources that may be useful for the creation of a professional future. And that, by stimulating a sense of belonging to a society that does not have the territorial or cultural limits as their own country, as well as the knowledge that being active citizens means to acquire a sense of responsibility even in their lives and that any of their ideas and can be transformed into a real business.
- Keywords / TAGS
- Labor market
Coordinator contact details
- Germany, Bulgaria, Poland, Portugal, Ireland, Greece
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Organization of young people, NGO, SMEs, Coop., Training agencies.
- Enterprise and SMEs
- Labour market
- Other Service Activities
- Other sectors of adult education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- Pathways to Work: an Employment Upgrade Training Programme for Young Immigrants
- The project developed a training resource to help young immigrants (aged 18-30) to overcome barriers and “upgrade” their employment level. The project transferred existing UK materials and amended these to meet a new target group and a blended learning format within an integrated, multilingual e-learning website. The project resulted in a specific training needs analysis, pilot test phase and adaptation from monocultural, monolingual (English) to multicultural and multilingual (English, Polish, Spanish, Italian) allowing for wider use. Pathways to Work worked towards a very clear aim ‐ to upgrade young immigrants’ employment level by facilitating access to training, better jobs and lifecycle career plan. It sought to address the obvious need to better integrate young immigrants, from within the 25 EU countries and further afield, into host country employment markets. The partnership was motivated to develop a web based training resource to help young immigrants (aged 18 – 30 at risk from exclusion, discrimination and disadvantage) to overcome barriers and upgrade their employment level. The essence of the project was captured in the project application ‐ ‘it is only through increased skills, adaptability and insertion into higher quality jobs that this group will fulfil their potential in the labour market, as well as enjoying greater personal growth and social integration. Worker mobility brings positive net benefits to economies and societies and is a growing trend. ‘
2. LLP project or related resource
- Social Enterprise Training for Work
- SET4Work (Social Enterprise Training for Work) addresses issues of increasing levels of unemployment for people facing particular difficulties in accessing training and/or the labour market, and who are likely to be less attractive to potential employers in the current financial climate. The project will make learning employability skills more accessible for people not used to learning. The aim is to transfer and improve the tested training material SET4Work, a Business start-up course based on a social enterprise ethos, which provides alternative ways of learning within traditional learning centres and/or via an e-Learning portal, in order to train and support people in the development of soft skills and work preparation skills. The objectives are to:
1. Share, adapt and improve the existing materials to local partner contexts
2. Improve the recognition of the learning outcomes of this course by using ECVET, EQAVET and EQF principles and
guidelines linked to national VET structures
3. Create a website that includes the e-learning platform of the course and is flexible to the access needs of participants
4. Test the adopted learning materials (direct training and e-Learning platform) by training 20 trainers and by training 120
beneficiaries within the duration of the project
5. Provide a high quality of the project results by internal and external evaluation (internal for project management;
external for unbiased and relevant on-going reference) and
6. Disseminate the project results within the participating countries and the EU successfully to focus more on this target
group and to supply better attitudes and resources for it.
3. LLP project or related resource
- VET&WORK -Experimentation of school and work alternation paths for teaching development
- A lot of young people cannot find a job as the skills acquired during their school training are not adjusted to the needs and
the abilities requested by companies. To solve this situation it is necessary to take action on school programmes as well as
on the relationship between school and the working world.
THE MAIN AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
a.Promoting cooperation between VET and Labour Market
b.promoting learning environments conducive to learning in the workplace, training courses in enterprises and
apprenticeship pathways as a basis for the development of professional skills consistent with the labour market needs
c.involve actively SMEs and social partners
d.promoting a learning experience for those partner VET stakeholders from where the innovations come from.
e.promoting changes in the curricular school system to encourage young employment.
THE CARACTERISTICS OF THE CONSORTIUM THAT WILL IMPLEMENT THE PROPOSAL
Institutions or organisations providing learning opportunities in the fields covered by the Leonardo da Vinci sectoral
4. LLP project or related resource
- The ‘Big Bang’: bridging the cultural clash between young, marginalised groups of young people
- The overall aim of the Big Bang project is to bridge the cultural clash between marginalised groups of young people and the world of work.
Its concrete objectives are:
1. Though a process of comparative analysis and testing, to transfer through import and export the D2A and YES programmes in the partner states;
2. To produce new guidance and training materials for the target group of VET-related professionals (trainers, teachers, employability, information advice and guidance (EIAG) workers) supporting the target group young people and employers;
3. To outline a competency framework for VET professionals, to incorporate within VET and NQF systems and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes in the partner states;
4. To align the competency framework to the European Qualifications Framework
Big Bang (BB) is concerned with the ‘culture clash’ between work-based culture and a culture of worklessness, social exclusion and low ambition. Its particular focus young people who are participating in anti-social/negative peer group behaviour (including ‘gang’ culture and offending), and to address the disproportionate under-representation of young people from marginalised groups (Black, minority and migrant communities) accessing initial VET and employment in the partner countries. The main aim of the project is to import and export, test, adapt existing innovative VET methodologies that have been developed to address the ‘clash’.
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
the project arises from the partners’ awareness that young companies, are not supported in the practical assessment of all real job opportunities. The school does not interacts with the world of business, the approaches of the teachers who assist the young people are not oriented to give them confidence in their own potential. Moreover our cultural and social system does not allow to young people to consider the enterprise as a real possibility of work, only a few "lucky" that are born and grow up breathing the air of "making business", are able to catch a glimpse of it in their professional development.
Organization of young people, NGO, SMEs, Coop., Training agencies.
Organization of young people, NGO, SMEs, Coop., Training agencies.
The work plan has been structured according to articulated steps in order to ensure a consistent transfer of the model, an effective experimentation and a significant involvement by all those who in different ways will be involved and that directly or indirectly may acquire an added value by the project.
YO strengthen the cultural support to the creation of a business and the "thinkability" of sustainable solutions for young people employability. Enhance their ability to work to find solutions as well as identify new further resources that may be useful for the creation of a professional future.
And that, by stimulating a sense of belonging to a society that does not have the territorial or cultural limits as their own country, as well as the knowledge that being active citizens means to acquire a sense of responsibility even in their lives and that any of their ideas and can be transformed into a real business.
Emailing, skype, project meetings
Dissemination and exploitation
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
Web site, DVD, Brochures
- Systems for quality monitoring
- Systems to document taken actions
Virtual community, Facebook page
CB4LLP Impact analysis
04_useful_ideas (value): 8
04_useful_ideas (text): 8
04_stakeholders (value): 9
04_stakeholders (text): 9
04_partnerships (value): 8
04_partnerships (text): 8
04_other (value): 9
04_other (text): 9
04_solutions (value): 9
04_solutions (text): 9
04_general (value): 9
04_general (text): 9
04_particular (value): 8
04_particular (text): 8
04_internal (value): 8
04_internal (text): 8
04_external (value): 8
04_external (text): 8
04_educational (value): 9
04_educational (text): 9
04_noneducational (value): 9
04_noneducational (text): 9
04_equipment (value): 9
04_equipment (text): 9
04_systems_monitor (value): 8
04_systems_monitor (text): 8
04_systems_actions (value): 9
04_systems_actions (text): 9