- Ulla Alexandra Mattl
- View Ulla Alexandra Mattl’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- Developing transversal competences
Transversal competences are mentioned in the 2012 Joint Report of the Council and the Commission on the implementation of the Strategic Framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020) — ‘Education and Training in a smart, sustainable and inclusive Europe’. One of the key priority areas in European cooperation on Education and Training is 2012-2014 is the enhancing of creativity and innovation, including entrepreneurship, at all levels of education and training. The priority is to work together to promote the acquisition of the key competences identified in the 2006 Recommendation on key competences for lifelong learning, including digital competences and how ICT and entrepreneurship can enhance innovation in education and training, promoting creative learning environments and heightening cultural awareness, expression and media literacy.
There is an Open Method of Coordination (OMC) thematic working group (TWG) for the ET2020 Strategy in place which tackles the topics of transversal Skills, including ICT and Entrepreneurial Skills and Languages once the new benchmark is agreed.
ET2020 Thematic Working Groups have just undergone a revision after the Council’s request in February 2013. Their new mandate focuses on implementing the ET2020 agenda and build tighter links with the European Semester, and their number has been reduced to match key policy challenges. Their results should be regularly presented to the Education Committee of the Council and national representatives should turn over within the TWGs representation in order to gain more ownership on what happens there.
In ADAM 2345 projects can be found when entering the search term transversal skills.
- Keywords / TAGS
- transversal skills, transversal competences, lifelong learning
Coordinator contact details
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Continuous training
- Enterprise and SMEs
- Intercultural learning
- Language training
- Careers officers
- Head teachers/principals/managers
- Best practice
- Methods for Training of Teachers/Staff
- European Qualification Framework
- Inclusion of all in Lifelong Learning
- General secondary
- Adult Education Provider
- Second change or remedial education
- Higher education
- Organizations working migrants/minorities
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- MODES (EUCA)
- The objective of the MODES project is to integrate a common European programme on soft skills in the academic curricula and in the post-diploma supplement.
As result, a new curriculum will enrich the students’ profile with new employment-oriented competencies (such as "Leadership, "Entrepreneur spirit", "ability to generate new ideas (creativity)"
2. LLP project or related resource
- TrainVET4jobs, transversal competences (EVTA)
- The EU co-funded project ‘TRAINVET4JOBS – Supporting the role of VET professionals to improve the trainees employability’, aims at strengthening the capacity of VET trainers and professionals, so they better identify, teach and validate the much needed transversal competences, which will lead and substantially enhance the employability of their trainees.
3. LLP project or related resource
- LLL Wings-Learning to Learn and to Love it (FREREF)
- LLWINGS is a European project aimed at promoting a new vision of school as the bridge to lifelong learning and active citizenship, through a focus on learning to learn competence and joy to learn as the very WINGS for lifelong learning. The LLwings online learning system for teachers aimed at acquiring and consolidating competences in the field of students motivation and learning to learn.
4. LLP project or related resource
- PICT -Promoting Intercultural Competence in Translators (ICC)
- The core aim of the PICT project was to produce a comprehensive toolkit making it easy for HE institutions within the EU to introduce Intercultural Communication into their postgraduate programmes in Translation.
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
- Systems to document taken actions
CB4LLP Impact analysis