- Antti Reinsalo
- View Antti Reinsalo’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- ICT for Innovation
“Disruptive innovation”, “tsunami”, “first genuine revolution since Gutenberg”… a lot of hopes and fears have emerged in the past years on Open Educational Resources (OERs), making more vivid than ever the debate on harnessing the potential of ICT for education and training. While the 2013 Commission’s Communication on “Opening Up Education” (echoing the commitments made in the Digital Agenda for Europe) strives for a new learning ecosystem enriched with digital environments and contents, we see that in reality not everyone benefits from these new possibilities. In 2010 only 39% of Europeans used the Internet for any training and education related activity with huge disparities across countries. We know that the main barriers to access to ICT are technological but also linked to attitudes, interests and abilities. In this context there is a huge potential for progress, and there are more open questions than solid answers and reliable solutions in the field; therefore a critical and responsible approach is recommended. It is timely for European decision-makers to reflect on what digital learning can really do to modernise our education and training systems, unveiling its expected impact in terms of both growth and social cohesion – and it is now up to Member States to show good political will.
The ICT sector represents 4.8% of the European economy. It generates 25% of total business expenditure in Research and Development (R&D), and investments in ICT account for 50% of all European productivity growth. EU investments in ICTs are due to increase by about 25% under Horizon 2020 compared to FP7. This EU investment will support the whole chain from basic research to innovation that can deliver new business breakthroughs, often on the basis of emerging technologies.
In ADAM 1524 projects can be found when entering the search term ICT for Innovation.
- Keywords / TAGS
- ICT, Innovation
Coordinator contact details
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Continuous training
- Enterprise and SMEs
- Higher Education
- Head teachers/principals/managers
- Non teaching administrative staff
- Best practice
- Methods for Training of Teachers/Staff
- Inclusion of all in Lifelong Learning
- General secondary
- Vocational/Technical secondary
- Special education for disabled persons
- Adult Education Provider
- Second change or remedial education
- Higher education
- Organizations working migrants/minorities
- Centres for guidance, counselling or accreditation
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- Open Discovery Space
- Open Discovery Space is a socially powered and multilingual open learning infrastructure to boost the adoption of eLearning resources (ODS)
2. LLP project or related resource
- GREAT (APG)
- GREAT was a Life Long Learning project, supported by Leonardo Da Vinci EU programme, Transfer of Innovation. The project aim was to transfer innovative methodologies in learning and training, to enable trainers and teachers and training providers representatives to improve their work performance, by enhancing their creativity and innovation through game-based learning.
Traditionally, educational and training systems promote an educational paradigm focused on the trainer as the center agent of the action, and less as a facilitator/mentor of knowledge and learning experience. In this sense, game based learning includes paradigm for the future of learning and takes importance on the E&T 2020 strategy, as part of informal and non-formal learning that promotes every dimension of these activities. context), non-formal education (outside the school context)."
3. LLP project or related resource
- Eurodiversity (ICC)
- The main objective of the Association is to formally bring together professionals from various disciplines related to the fields of education, specifically education provided through virtual worlds, in order that they may explore ideas and pool resources, experience and energies for the future of education.
4. LLP project or related resource
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
- Systems to document taken actions
CB4LLP Impact analysis