- Alen Maletic
- View Alen Maletic’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- STEM/Science education
Building capacities and developing innovative ways of connecting science to society is a priority under Horizon 2020. This will help to make science more attractive to young people, increase society’s appetite for innovation, and open up further research and innovation activities.
Making science education and careers attractive for young people is an ambitious goal, since it targets to drastically improve science and technology-literacy in our society. Innovative formal and informal science education teaching and learning is important in order to raise both young boys’ and girls’ awareness of the different aspects encompassing science and technology in today’s society and to address the challenges faced by young people when pursuing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Therefore, a sustainable and cross-cutting interaction between the relevant actors in the field is crucial:
· different levels of the education system,
· universities and other higher education establishments,
· research and innovation funding and performing organizations,
· civil society organizations and NGO’s,
· industry, policy-makers,
· students and pupils,
· Science museums and science centres.
Within the Work programme 2014-2015 programme, a call was launched with the aim of making science education and careers attractive for young people (H2020–SEAC–2014/15). Expected impact:
Develop scientific citizenship by promoting innovative pedagogies in science education, attracting more young people towards science, with a special emphasis on girls, and addressing the challenges faced by young people, in pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering and innovation, Develop responsible research and innovation in higher education curricula, ease the access to scientific careers by increasing the service level of the EURAXESS Services Network.
In ADAM 3043 projects can be found when entering the search term science education.
- Keywords / TAGS
- science education, STEM
Coordinator contact details
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Initial training
- Head teachers/principals/managers
- Non teaching administrative staff
- Best practice
- Methods for Training of Teachers/Staff
- European Qualification Framework
- Inclusion of all in Lifelong Learning
- General secondary
- Vocational/Technical secondary
- Special education for disabled persons
- Second change or remedial education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- Learning by experience: the Go-Lab project (MENON)
- The Go-Lab Project (Global Online Science Labs for Inquiry Learning at School) opens up online science laboratories for the large-scale use in education. The Go-Lab Portal offers students the opportunity to perform personalized scientific experiments with online labs, whereas teachers may enrich their classroom activities with demonstrations and disseminate best practices in a web-based pedagogic community.
2. LLP project or related resource
3. LLP project or related resource
4. LLP project or related resource
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
- Systems to document taken actions
CB4LLP Impact analysis