- Manos Andreadis
- View Manos Andreadis’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- LOCATE – LOCal media for sustainable community AcTion in Europe
The project concerns the development of an inclusive model and associated, methodologies, tools, materials and courses that empower adults, especially but not exclusively, in disadvantaged communities, to participate in sustained quality learning and to take an on-going, active role in their community and the broader society.
The project aims will support communities across Europe to build platforms of local community learning, media and participation to help develop community capacity and stimulate innovation (including social innovation), entrepreneurship and capacity for change by encouraging the development and discovery of untapped potential from within communities and territories.
- Keywords / TAGS
- Community, sustainable learning, disadvantaged communities, social innovation
Coordinator contact details
- UK, Spain, Italy, Romania, Greece
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Workers’ Educational Association, The MRS Consultancy, Conzorio ABN, Fundación INTRAS, PROIS-NV, Asset Technology
- Access for disadvantaged
- Equal Opportunities
- Lifelong learning
- Best practice
- Inclusion of all in Lifelong Learning
- Information and Communication
- Other sectors of adult education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- Interactive Social Media for Integration, Skills Bartering, Empowerment, Informal Learning (ISABEL)
- Isabel is one of the initiatives to promote citizens to be more active in their communities: to stimulate them to participate in joint activities and to take part in learning, both formal courses and just learning with others less formally. This project used community reporting and social media to involve citizens in a range of activities focused on their communities and neighborhoods.
2. LLP project or related resource
- ENABLE – Enabling Labour Market Entry and Mobility by Engaging Learners through Innovation
- The project addressed low levels of participation in VET by "at risk" groups throughout Europe and provided them the necessary ICT skills for both personal and vocational development.
3. LLP project or related resource
- PEPE Peer Education – a Pan European programme
- http://www. peermentor.org/
- The project aimed to address some of the issues faced by people furthest from the labour market and to widen their access to training and employment using a Peer Education support methodology.
4. LLP project or related resource
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
The project will integrate the four core components of support which are common to communities across Europe:
a) Promoting and sustaining community activity – Numerous partnership and network initiatives in recent years have generated activities but these have been occasional, interest-driven and short-lived. Locate is developing locally driven long term planning and implementation of media and learning.
b) Empowering adults – so even those in vulnerable social groups and from different cultures can develop skills and share expertise.
c) Sustaining quality learning – in times of increased pressure on budgets and support lifelong learning in many countries in Europe has either declined or remained static. Local learning and support needs to become embedded in everyday community life.
d) Increasing participation in the community – by using every available element of today’s knowledge and techno-savvy society to generate interest, disseminate good news and promote activity in even socially disadvantaged communities.
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
- Systems to document taken actions
CB4LLP Impact analysis