- Alen Maletic
- View Alen Maletic’s profile
TNAM Initiative / project description
- Gender Equality
Equality between women and men is one of the European Union’s founding values. It goes back to 1957 when the principle of equal pay for equal work became part of the Treaty of Rome. The European Union’s achievements in fostering equality between women and men have helped to change the lives of many European citizens for the better. Although inequalities still exist, the EU has made significant progress over the last decades. This is mainly thanks to:
• equal treatment legislation;
• gender mainstreaming (integration of the gender perspective into all other policies);
• specific measures for the advancement of women.
Some encouraging trends include the increased number of women in the labour market and their progress in securing better education and training. However, gender gaps remain and in the labour market, women are still over-represented in lower paid sectors and under-represented in decision-making positions. The Strategy for equality between women and men represents the European Commission’s work program on gender equality for the period 2010-2015. It is a comprehensive framework committing the Commission to promote gender equality into all its policies for the following thematic priorities:
• equal economic independence for women and men equal pay for work of equal value
• equality in decision-making
• dignity, integrity and ending gender-based violence
• promoting gender equality beyond the EU
• horizontal issues (gender roles, including the role of men, legislation governance tools).
The strategy highlights the contribution of gender equality to economic growth and sustainable development , and support the implementation of the gender equality dimension in the Europe 2020 Strategy. It builds on the priorities of the Women’s Charter and on the experience of the Roadmap for equality between women and men.
Progress is reported every year and presented in a Report on Equality between women and men.
In ADAM 134 projects can be found when entering the search term gender equality.
- Keywords / TAGS
- euality, gender equality
Coordinator contact details
Coordinator Region (NUTS code)
- Access for disadvantaged
- Equal Opportunities
- Intercultural learning
- Head teachers/principals/managers
- Non teaching administrative staff
- Best practice
- Methods for Training of Teachers/Staff
- General secondary
- Vocational/Technical secondary
- Special education for disabled persons
- Adult Education Provider
- Second change or remedial education
- Higher education
- Organizations working migrants/minorities
- Centres for guidance, counselling or accreditation
- Other sectors of adult education
- additional info if needed
- Your Project language (ISO 639-2)
- Languages you will look for
1. LLP project or related resource
- WARM – Promoting Gender Equality in Europe
- The project consisted of creating an interactive tool on inter-gender communication and intercultural dialogue aimed at raising awareness on gender stereotypes and inequalities in Europe and at reflecting on women’s and men’s identities and embedded preconceptions. It was a two-year Grundtvig project, which involved non-governmental organisations from Cyprus (A.I.P.F.E), Finland (VISILI), France (La Ligue de l’Enseignement) and Greece (HAI).
2. LLP project or related resource
- WERT -Women Entrepreneurs in Rural Tourism (EFVET)
- The ‘Women Entrepreneurs in Rural Tourism’ project, or WERT for short, is a collaborative partnership between eight training institutions and networks from six countries across Europe. The project is supported by the European Union through the Leonardo da Vinci programme, aimed at improving the vocational education systems of Europe.
The project aims to meet the needs and build the skills of women entrepreneurs involved in rural tourism and crafts and to improve the quality of training provided by the vocational education sector. The project builds on the findings of a previous project called European Rural Tourism Development (ERTD).
3. LLP project or related resource
4. LLP project or related resource
CB4LLP Action Plan
- Useful ideas
- Educational Sector
- Non educational
- Systems for quality monitoring
- Systems to document taken actions
CB4LLP Impact analysis